Assistant Quality Manager
Manistee, FL 49660
ASSISTANT QUALITY MANAGER
The Assistant Quality Manager will work under the direction of the Quality Manager and conduct activities concerned with the company quality management system. Directs quality system activities to ensure quality control of production documentation and processes in accordance with corporate quality standards.
Assistant Quality Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs activities to maintain current ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16949 quality system registration.
· Internal auditor for ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16949 purposes.
· Assists with APQP, PPAP, FMEA and SPC activities.
· Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection and evaluation.
· Verifies and audits quality assurance policies, procedures and work instructions.
· Provides training to employees on topics related to quality assurance.
· Works with quality assurance staff to insure all master files, PO folders, engineering change notices, internal corrective action, non-conforming materials, risk analysis and product launch data are maintained and current.
· Collects and verifies statistical data needed for quality assurance reports.
· Assists with calibration of inspection equipment.
· Occasional travel to other plant locations.
Assistant Quality Manager Requirements and Qualifications:
- An Associates’ degree in Quality, Electronics Engineering or related technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Quality role in manufacturing.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.
- Experienced in ISO 9001: 2015 and/or IATF 16949 quality system.
- Working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA and SPC.
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.