Director of Safety
New York, NY 10010
The Corporate Safety Director is responsible for directing and providing health and safety program oversight to terminals across the organization.
The position will oversee compliance with corporate quality assurance/food safety, workplace safety, and health programs with an aim to reduce risk and increase compliance through auditing, training and awareness programs.
Responsibilities of the Safety Director:
• Reports directly to the COO
• Work closely with COO, SVP Human Resources, and Corporate Division Managers to cultivate the Corporate Safety Culture.
• Provide health and safety leadership and direction to Division, Department and Project Managers.
• Serve as the corporate health and safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators, and staff.
• Manage health and safety resources and related departmental budgets.
• Serve as the primary contact on health and safety issues.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with local representatives and subcontractors.
• Create, manage, and review, site specific health and safety policies and programs as needed
• Manage the internal auditing program for QA and Safety to ensure compliance with company, state and federal best practices
• Compile and present reports on safety metrics to senior management on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Ensure that personnel are adequately trained in emergency response plan procedures.
• Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that safety emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
• Manages and oversees workers compensation and general liability claims management
• Oversee, manage and ensure safety orientation for all new personnel as applicable.
• Assist in the preparation of new work proposals as solicitations relate to corporate health and safety objectives.
• Reviews all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for safety related issues.
• Review subcontractor safety programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and local safety regulations.
• Participate in meetings with field personnel.
• Organizes and conduct safety training as necessary
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental, plus more
• Life & Disability
• Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Account (FAS)
• 401k – Company Match Available
• Paid Vacation
• An opportunity to grow and learn through personal career development
• And more!
Manhattan, New York, NY, USA