Manistee, FL 49660
Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, assemblies, equipment, and systems, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
Electronics Technician Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and repair assemblies and PCB’ s down to the component level using a variety of electronic test equipment.
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment
- Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronics, using hand and power tools.
- Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Write reports and record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications to assist engineers.
- Provide customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems and to provide information on product use.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Direct and supervise Testing Technicians
Electronics Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- AS degree in Electronics Technology or related field of study
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an Electronics Technician role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Detail-oriented and extremely efficient