Level II Network/Systems Admin
Miami, FL 33132
Do you thrive in MSP environments? Do you have good experience as a Level 2 admin? Are you passionate about network infrastructure and even dream about it at night? Does it put a smile on your face to troubleshoot and solve people’ s computer problems?
If you answered yes to each of the above questions, then our opportunity may be just what you’ re looking for. Our valued client, a strong and emerging IT Support MSP company in Miami, is looking for a talented and experienced Level 2 Network/Systems Administrator. This person will service their clients in the South Florida area and will be actively managing Windows servers, network security, handling Office 365 migration, performing system backups, and troubleshooting MS Office among other duties. Are you up for the challenge?
This person will have at least 5 years of experience and will have serviced at least 50 users and managed at least 20 servers. The candidate must have reliable means of transportation as heavy travel throughout South Florida is to be expected. We’ re looking for passionate team-players who can roll up their sleeves, have a “ no job is too big or small” mentality, and provide service with a smile. Is that you?
Here is your mission should you choose to accept it (after being the lucky one chosen, of course):
· Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
· Install and maintain network hardware and software.
· Analyze and isolate issues.
· Troubleshooting MS Office
· Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
· Evaluate and modify system's performance.
· Identify user needs.
· Determine network and system requirements.
· Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
· Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
· Design and deploy networks.
· Perform network IP address and VLAN assignments.
· Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
· Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services including GPO management.
· Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
· Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
· Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
· Other duties
· MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 domain & Active Directory, Remote Desktop – basic experience required
· Extensive Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Visio) required
· Office365 Administration and Migration experience.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Hyper-V and VMware is a plus
· MS Certifications MCSA, MCSE, MCITP Windows Server 2003/2008 is a plus
· Knowledge of AD, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, IIS, CIFS, NFS
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Bilingual/Spanish is a plus.
· Ability to gain, understand and apply knowledge from technical manuals and SOPs
· Strong documentation skills – Visio experience is a plus.
Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Thank you!