Sr. Geotechnical Engineer
Hayden, ID 83835
Senior Geotechnical Engineer based in our Meridian, Idaho office. The successful candidate will be able to transition to the Engineering Manager within 3 -5 months of hire.
- Prepare fee estimates and geotechnical proposals.
- Perform subsurface exploration (via drilling or test pit methodology) and evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
- Conduct geotechnical design and analysis, including shallow and deep foundation design, retaining wall design, slope stability analysis, liquefaction analysis, settlement analysis and seismic assessments.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering evaluations/reports.
- Lead and mentor less experienced engineering staff.
- Minimum Bachelor’ s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- 6+ years of PE experience in geotechnical engineering
- Project management experience
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Experience dealing with clients and developing new business
- Experience leading and developing junior engineering staff
- AutoCAD experience is a plus